Incoming Civic Type R!
We’ve got great news! We have a beautiful 2019 Honda Civic Type R in Crystal Black Pearl coming to Holmes Honda Shreveport in March!
The Honda Civic has made Car and Drivers 10Best for the second time. The Civic Type R is one of the most highly anticipated car of 2018 & 2019 as its been a long decade waiting for it to come to the U.S. legally. The Type R did not disappoint with its 306 horses with a 2.0L turbocharged engine and a full functional body making it the fastest FWD car in production. The Civic Type R caused a wave of excitement when it beat the Nurburgring lap time record, 7 mins and 4.3 beating the last record lap holder a full 5 seconds. It keeps up all to well with its AWD competitors while gouging their prices by thousands of dollars. Needless to say, you get a lot of car for the money. The Civic Type R is definitely one of Honda’s most legendary vehicles.
- Turbocharged 2.0L inline 4-cylinder, direct injected, VTEC
- 306 horsepowers
- 295 lb-ft torque
- FWD only
- Short-throw six speed manual only –Rev Match feature, but have the option to turn it off.
- Single mass flywheel
- Lower final drive ratio
- Dual-Axis strut setup
- Exclusive spring, damper and bushing settings
- Adaptive struts
- Aluminum lower arms and steering knuckles
- Helical limited slip differential
- Retuned and adaptive dual-pinion electric power steering system with variable gear ratio
- 20-inch wheels Continental ContiSportContact 6 tires (245/30/20)
- Front: Brembo four piston calipers / 13.8 inch cross-drilled rotors
- Rear: Brembo single piston calipers / 12 inch cross-drilled rotors
- Sport seats standard
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather shift boot
- The aluminum shift knob and pedal set.
- Weight is down slightly (-15 lbs) compared to a base 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback and down 35 lbs from 9th Gen Type R!
- Aluminum hood
- Driving modes: Comfort, Sport (default setting), and +R (affect steering response, throttle mapping, rev-matching settings, suspension settings, and stability control intervention)
- Only available in Touring trim
- Standard 7″ touchscreen, navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Expecting to be around the mid 30’s!
- Everything on the Type R is completely functional!