The Civic Type R Wait Is Almost Over and We Got The Details!
The Honda Civic Type R is everything we’ve ever wanted in a Civic! Honda enthusiast around the world have waited a decade for this hot hatch to hit the U.S. soil! We are so excited to announce that this is going to be happening THIS SPRING! Yep, you heard that right. 2017 is going to be the best year ever because you will be able to drive a beautifully built Type R. For right now, they are going to be a limited production so get your pocketbooks ready and snag one while you can!
Here’s everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the Honda Civic Type R:
- Turbocharged 2.0L inline 4-cylinder, direct injected, VTEC
- 306 horsepowers
- 295 lb-ft torque
- FWD only
- Short-throw six speed manual only –Rev Match feature, but have the option to turn it off.
- Single mass flywheel
- Lower final drive ratio
- Dual-Axis strut setup
- Exclusive spring, damper and bushing settings
- Adaptive struts
- Aluminum lower arms and steering knuckles
- Helical limited slip differential
- Retuned and adaptive dual-pinion electric power steering system with variable gear ratio
- 20-inch wheels Continental ContiSportContact 6 tires (245/30/20)
- Front: Brembo four piston calipers / 13.8 inch cross-drilled rotors
- Rear: Brembo single piston calipers / 12 inch cross-drilled rotors
- Sport seats standard
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather shift boot
- The aluminum shift knob and pedal set.
- Weight is down slightly (-15 lbs) compared to a base 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback and down 35 lbs from 9th Gen Type R!
- Aluminum hood
- Driving modes: Comfort, Sport (default setting), and +R (affect steering response, throttle mapping, rev-matching settings, suspension settings, and stability control intervention)
- Only available in Touring trim
- Standard 7″ touchscreen, navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Expecting to be around the mid 30’s!
- Everything on the Type R is completely functional!